10 Benefits of Working With a Travel Advisor
By Andrey Zakharenko, Founder of Always Travel
1. Travel agents have evolved into travel advisors. Gone are the days of visiting a travel agent to book your flight and hotel; anyone can do that online in minutes. Today, a travel advisor goes beyond booking your trip and works with you to make sure your experience goes above and beyond. Today’s travel advisors are passionate travelers, foodies and art & music lovers -- the typical Instagram of a travel advisor is an amazing collection of sights, sounds and experiences. Any service online can book your room; a great travel advisor is well-connected, attuned to innovations in the industry, and can help you plan the ideal trip that enriches your mind, body and soul. That’s a tall order, and we are up to the challenge!
2. Collaborative partnership. The modern travel advisor will work collaboratively with you to learn about who you are and what makes for a unique, personal experience. They can answer all of the questions you have -- and suggest answers to questions you never even knew you had.
3. Communication on your terms. Some people can talk for hours on the phone, while others prefer texts. However you want to be communicated with, we’re there for you. Yes, we’ll even Snapchat.
4. Expert guidance. Travel advisors live and breathe travel, spending thousands of hours learning, on the road and at exotic locations becoming experts on locations both big and small, and diving deep into the people and culture that make a destination a living, breathing place. Most importantly, travel is very much an industry that runs on relationships. A savvy travel advisor leverages their many connections to create an unforgettable experience for you at a fair price.
5. Focus on Your Experience. Once you have a great travel advisor working for you, you get to focus entirely on your experience. Leave it to your advisor to make your dreams become reality. Relax and enjoy it! This is all about your getaway, and you’re in safe hands.
6. If staying fit on the road is your priority, then it's our priority. Traveling is the best thing you can do in life, but the flights, time difference, culture and food difference can take a toll on the body. Your travel advisor can plan your trip with your fitness regimen in mind so you enjoy your time fresh and vibrant in body and soul.
7. We are with you the whole way. Your travel advisor is in it for the long haul. Once you’re back home, we still want to hear from you. What did you love? What was good, but could have been great? We want to make every trip better than the last.
8. Sending an SOS when things go wrong. As careful as we are to help you plan your trip, sometimes the unexpected occurs. A travel advisor will know who to call and how to get things fixed. Whether a minor problem (like an upgrade to an ocean view), or something no one was expecting (like needing a ticket out of harm’s way after a natural disaster), your travel agent will intervene on your behalf.
9. We make the best part - better! Some studies suggest the happiest part of a trip is planning it, and we agree. We never get tired of talking about travel, or exploring new possibilities! We get excited about your trip as if it were our own, and will work with you on crafting the ultimate experience right up until the moment you’re ready to go.
10. Our satisfaction comes when your experience is exceptional. We want you to have the very best time. If you don’t return with renewed spirit, amazing stories, and photos and experiences that last a lifetime, we’ve failed. We want your travel to be as wonderful and stress-free as it is for a well-connected, savvy professional.